QUOTE: “The most difficult thing for individuals to do when they become part of a team is to sacrifice; it is much easier to be selfish.” — Coach Pat Riley
Here is his list that he deamed "the disease of me" from his Laker days:
SIX DANGER SIGNALS OF THE DISEASE OF ME:
- CHRONIC FEELINGS OF UNDER-APPRECIATION – FOCUS ON ONESELF.
- PARANOIA OVER BEING CHEATED OUT OF ONE’S RIGHTFUL SHARE.
- LEADERSHIP VACUUM RESULTING FROM FORMATION OF CLIQUES AND RIVALRIES.
- FEELINGS OF FRUSTRATION EVEN WHEN THE TEAM PERFORMS SUCCESSFULLY.
- PERSONAL EFFORT MUSTERED SOLELY TO OUTSHINE ONE’S TEAMMATE.
- RESENTMENT OF THE COMPETENCE OF ANOTHER – REFUSE TO ADMIT HIS CONTRIBUTION.